Phil Weir was born in downtown Toronto in 1951. Thanks to his family, groups like the Boy Scouts, and summer camps, he escaped the city on treasured trips into the wild, and developed an enduring love of nature and canoeing. He graduated from the University of Toronto in 1972, where he met and married Jill McNamee. In 1973 Phil and Jill moved to Ottawa and both eventually became teachers. They had three children, and the family did hundreds of wonderful camping trips together. As a high school teacher Phil always found ways to include Outdoor Education. This was done via field trips, clubs, leading and promoting an O. Ed. credit course, curriculum development and full-time teaching outdoors for five years at the MacSkimming Outdoor Education Centre. Now retired from paid teaching, Phil still enjoys encouraging people to know, to understand, and to love the natural world, and their place in it.
- MEC-Mountain Equipment Co-op, Ottawa. BACKCOUNTRY 101: ‘End of the Portage’ Algonquin Park Experiences with Special Guest Phil Weir – Jun 21 6:30-7:30 pm
- Canoeing/Kayaking/Camping/Cottage Season Now Wide Open
- 2 Book-signing Days on Nov 4 and 5 at Books on Beechwood and at Chapters Gloucester. Come and meet the author – Phil Weir
- To get a copy of “End of the Portage: a Canoe Memoir” or “Canoeing the Mountain: Gifts from the Waters” simply contact Phil Weir directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Each is only $19.95 and shipping is free. They make great Christmas or birthday gifts for people who love nature and the outdoors. Also available in Ottawa at Books On Beechwood, in Picton at Books & Company, and on-line via Amazon.ca.
- Print copies of “End of the Portage” are now available. Contact the author at email@example.com $19.95 free shipping E-books coming soon
louisr57 on Email the author directly and… Louise Miller on Canoeing the Mountain… Guy Greaves on Canoeing the Mountain… Kevin on Book Cover – Canoeing th… SC99 on Canoeing the Mountain…